Air assault is the process of moving ground-based military forces to terrain that has not yet been fully secured using vertical take-off and landing aircraft, such as a helicopter. The goal of these missions is frequently to seize and hold unsecured terrain or to engage enemy forces behind enemy lines. Air assault helicopters are used in these missions to allow troops to move much further than they could on foot and safely get behind enemy lines.
Why Do Air Assault Missions Require a Black Hawk?
The Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter is one of the most versatile in the world. The UH-60 is an ideal air attack helicopter because it is dependable, fast, and high-performance.
The Black Hawk helicopter also has the following features:
- It can reach speeds of up to 163 mph.
- Can transport 11 combat-ready air assault troops.
- Advanced avionics and electronics are installed for increased survivability and capability.
- Inability to detect
- Two T700-GE-701D engines power the aircraft.
- A cargo hook is installed for external lift missions.
- It has a dual digital flight control computer.
- It requires little upkeep.
- It can be armed with missiles, rockets, machine guns, and other weapons.
When using a Black Hawk for air assault missions, the cabin can be filled with 11 troops and two armed gunners, or all of the seats can be removed to load cargo.
History of UH-60 Air Assault Missions
Since its introduction in the late 1970s, the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter has been used for a variety of purposes all over the world. This high-performance helicopter is frequently used for air assault missions in particular.
Black Hawk air assault helicopters, in particular, were used in what is now considered the largest air assault mission in US Army history. Over 2,000 American air assault troops, including more than 300 helicopters, flew into Iraq for airborne assault missions during the Gulf War in 1991. Two UH-60 air assault helicopters (89-26214 and 78-23015) were shot down while performing Combat Search and Rescue of other downed aircrews, among the numerous air assault Black Hawks that participated in this mission.
In addition, UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters were used in the 1993 air assault on Mogadishu, Somalia. Similarly, Black Hawk air assault helicopters were widely deployed during the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
Rotair Provides Maintenance Kits for Air Attack Helicopters and Other Vehicles
Routine maintenance is critical when using a UH-60 Black Hawk as an air assault helicopter. Regular maintenance checks will help to keep your air attack helicopter in good working order.
Rotair specializes in UH-60 Black Hawk phase maintenance kits for the flight hour intervals listed below:
Each of our Black Hawk air assault maintenance kits includes Sikorsky-approved replacement parts organized into five distinct sections using our patented color-coding system. Maintenance on your UH-60 air assault helicopter has never been easier with our maintenance kits.
Some of the advantages of using our repair kits are as follows:
- Lower maintenance costs
- Enhanced aircraft cycle time
- Administrative procurement costs have been reduced.
Black Hawk Air Assault Spare Parts
We sell replacement parts for UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters in addition to phase maintenance kits. Our spare parts are dependable and cost-effective, and they will assist in keeping your air attack helicopter running smoothly.
We provide parts for the following helicopter areas:
- Tail rotor pylon
- Main rotor pylon
- Tail cone
Additional Uses for the UH-60 Black Hawk Helicopter
In addition to being used as an air assault helicopter, the Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk has a variety of other uses. Among these applications are:
- External hoist
- Logistical assistance
- Evacuation for medical reasons
- Firefighting from the air
- troop transporter
- Patrolling Borders
- Warfare with electronic means
- VIP transportation and armed escort
- Operations involving paradrop/rappelling
Why Buy Black Hawk Spare Parts and Phase Kits from Rotair Aerospace?
Rotair Aerospace has been providing essential products and services to the aerospace industry for over 30 years. Some of the benefits of choosing Rotair Aerospace for helicopter parts and maintenance kits include:
- We offer high-quality products and services – At Rotair, we strive to provide high-quality products and services to all of our customers. Furthermore, we are AS9100 and ISO 9001 certified in metal and composite component fabrication, machining, assembly, distribution, and kitting for the aerospace and defense industries.
- We have decades of industry experience – We have worked with clients in both the commercial and defense industries for over 30 years. We understand that clients in these industries have high standards for safety and functionality, and we are honored to be trusted by numerous companies in the field. Bell, Gulfstream, AIRBUS, Sikorsky, Parker, Cessna, and Boeing are among our long-term customers.
- We provide a range of aerospace services – In addition to supplying spare parts and phase maintenance kits for air assault helicopters, we also provide a range of other aerospace services. Hot-forming titanium, aerospace hydroforming, complex machining, thermoplastic composites, engineering, and other services are among our capabilities.
For Spare Parts and Maintenance Kits for Your Air Assault Helicopter, Contact Rotair Aerospace.
Contact Rotair Aerospace Corporation today if you use a Sikorsky Black Hawk for air assault missions and require replacement parts or maintenance kits. Our industry experts are standing by to assist you.
Meet Our President
Wes Harrington has always been inspired to enter the Aerospace Industry. He studied at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute as an Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineer. Wes Harrington began his career at Rotair Aerospace learning all facets of the Rotary Craft Industry. This ranged from facilitating roles in the Warehouse, Logistics, Government, Commercial, and Engineering. After more than 3 decades, he is the second-generation CEO who continues to improve and enhance Rotair Aerospace.